Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish a scheme concerning the publication of information by the body. FOI bodies should publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability as set out in Sections 8(5) and 11(3) of the Act. This allows for the publication or giving of records outside of FOI provided that such publication or giving of access is not prohibited by law.
This Publication Scheme commits FOI bodies to make information available as part of their normal business activities. Publication of documents which are not exempt under the Scheme are in line with the intention of the Directive on the Re-use of Public Sector Information, and the obligation under that Directive to publish information and ensure that it is accessible and re-usable for commercial and non-commercial purposes.
The Act requires that in preparing, reviewing or revising a Publication Scheme, an FOI body shall have regard to the public interest in: –
(a) allowing public access to information held by the FOI body;
(b) the publication of reasons for decisions made by the FOI body; and
(c) publishing information of relevance or interest to the general public in relation to its activities and functions generally.
The Publication Scheme is divided into the six categories shown as as follows: –
1. Information about St. John’s Hospital.
- Establishment of St. John’s Hospital: Read our Hospital Profile.
- Roles, Responsibilities and Functions: Read our Statement of Purpose.
- Classes of records held: –
- Patient Healthcare Records.
- Administration Records.
- Financial Records.
- Human Resource Records.
- Activity Reports/Records.
- Risk Management Records.
- Electronic Records.
- Governance / Management Arrangements: Read our Governance page.
- Corporate Plans and Strategies: Read our Strategic Plan 2015-2018.
- Annual Reports can be found on our Publications page.
- Organisation and Pay/Grading Structures: Read the Health Sector Consolidated Pay Scales.
- Location and Contact Details: Read our Contact Us page.
- Agencies and/or other bodies under the remit of St. John’s Hospital: Not applicable.
- Details of Service Level Agreements / Memorandums of Understanding: St. John’s Hospital is a Service Provider to the Health Service Executive in line with Section 38 of the Health Act 2004.
- Customer Charters: Read The National Healthcare Charter.
- Codes of Practice: Each Healthcare Professional operates under their respective professional codes of practice.
Freedom of Information: Download and read The FOI Code of Practice.
2. Services Provided to the Public.
- Services provided to the public: Statement of Purpose.
- Administration of an Enactment/Scheme: Not applicable.
- How services can be accessed/Cost/Administration: Read our Health Services Pages.
- Review or Appeal Rights relating to Administration of an Enactment/Scheme: Not applicable.
- Research Projects undertaken in respect of Administration of an Enactment/Scheme: Not applicable.
3. Decision Making Process for Major Policy Proposals.
- Major Policy Proposals including any Public Consultation Exercises: Read our Governance page.
- Background Information Relating to Major Policy Proposals and Decisions: Read our Governance page.
- Reports on the Operation of Public Services: Read our Annual Reports that can be found on our Publications page.
- Expenditure Reviews, Policy Assessments: Read our Annual Reports that can be found on our Publications page.
4. Financial Information.
- Financial Statements: Read our Annual Reports that can be found on our Publications page.
- Plans for Major Capital Expenditure: Feasibility Study for Major Capital Development in progress, in partnership with ULHG.
- Payments or Purchase Orders for Goods and Services.
- Governance Board Member Remuneration: Non-Executive Governance Board Members do not receive remuneration for attendance at Board Meetings, or work as a Board Member.
- Funding/Sponsorship of non-public bodies: St. John’s Hospital does not fund or sponsor Non-Public Bodies.
- Procurement Policies: St. John’s Hospital comply with HSE procurement policies.
- A Link to all Current Tender Competitions on the eTenders website: No current tender competitions.
- Public Contracts awarded including Contract Type, Contractor, Value, Award Date, Duration and Brief Description (tabular format) over €10,000 for ICT and over €25,000 for other contracts: Major Capital Equipment replacement is through HSE procurement.
6. FOI Disclosure Log and Other Information Published Routinely.
- FOI Disclosure Log: is available and is updated on a quarterly basis
- Reports: Read our Annual Reports that can be found on our Publications page.
- Commercial Publication and Relative Charges: Not applicable.
- Information held by the Body which is sought regularly: www.ntpf.ie
- AIE Disclosure Log: is available and updated yearly. Please see here for additional information.